Teddy Bear Drive For Battered Women
DID YOU KNOW…
Nearly 1 in 3 adult women experience at least one physical assault by a partner during adulthood. --The Department of Justice.
According to the Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence, 48 people, mostly women, died in Prince George's County between 2001-2006 as a result of domestic violence--Black Women Seek Protection Closer To Home, January 10, 2007.
- It is estimated that every 9 seconds, a woman is battered. --The Department of Justice.
- During a six-month time period following an incident of domestic violence, approximately 32% of the women are victimized again. -- National Crime Survey.
- The National Women's Study results indicate that 3.7% of women who have ever been married have suffered at the hands of a husband or ex-husband. These results mean that over 3.5 million American women are survivors of wife battering. -- “The National Women's Study”, D. Kilpatrick, National Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center,
- A Police Foundation study conducted in Detroit and Kansas City found that in 85-90% of domestic homicides, police had been called at least once in the 2 years preceding the murder. In more than half of these cases, police had been called 5 times or more.-- “Understanding Domestic Violence”
National Woman Abuse Prevention Project.
- Four women each day and more than 1,000 women each year, are killed by their partners.- Partner Abuse in Illinois: Knowing the Facts and Breaking the Cycle.-- IDPH, Report to the General Assembly.
- Sixty-three percent of all males between 11 and 20 doing time for homicide in America, killed their mother's batterer-- Partner Abuse in Illinois: Knowing
the Facts and Breaking the Cycle IDPH, Report to the General Assembly.
DO YOU BELIEVE in helping battered women and girls in transition from abusive relationships, divorce, substance abuse, prison, etc.?
Well, now's your chance to make a difference in the lives of these women for only $40.00.
Precious Seed is sponsoring its community outreach to Battered Women and teen mothers who are residing in shelters located in D.C., Maryland, Virginia, and nationwide. The shelters provide confidential shelter, programs, education, and advocacy for battered women and their children. Each resident will receive both Abraham and Sarah inspirational bears in a gift bags. The bears represent love and faith.
Let's Make A Difference in the lives of battered women and girls by delivering a gift of hope to those who need it most.
| | 301-758-6067
| | P.O. Box 6356, Largo, MD 20792
2006 Precious Seed, LLC. All rights reserved.